PEAMS is a Business Finland funded co-innovation project with research partners from Tampere University and University of Helsinki. Project includes 4 company projects and 6 company pilots. The project is coordinated by FIMA.
PEAMS project will deals with some of the most important challenges in the software development of Intelligent Mobile Machines i.e.
- Software is complicated, large and without standards
- Heavy SW development and maintenance costs
- Vendor locking – all OEM software is in-house or made with partners with NDA
- Sub-systems and interfaces are not compatible with other equipments or customer´s systems
- SMEs have no markets to specialize and develop their own software
- No tradition on ecosystems or use of open interfaces in large scale
The project has two main objectives:
- To build an industry-grade platform and collaboration framework for software development in Mobile Machine industry
Research focuses on business and co-operation models between players in the open source ecosystems. The practical target is to develop collaboration models for both national and international businesses, in particular with ROS2 community. Project partners will interact with international communities and transfer knowledge to the Finnish industry through workshops and technical meetings.
- Feasibility Study of ROS2 as a platform for autonomous machines.
Research focuses on technical performance of ROS2 in terms of computing and communication. The practical deliverable will be a generic control architecture and definition for standardized APIs suitable for the autonomous mobile machines as well as implementation a version of this architecture and the interfaces.
- FIMA Forum for Intelligent Machines ry
- Antti Sirén