This study focuses on exploring emerging and maturing technologies that can change human-machine interacions as well as enviroment of machine operators. The base of report are the needs which are usually recognised in user experience development such as:
- Workplace safety and ergonomics
- Cognitive ergonomics
- Supporting operator decision-making
- Focus on the task at hand
- Handling machine-human-machine operations
- Support for inexperienced operators
The solutions and concepts has been explored in wide perspective, for example how consumer electronics could be utilised to support the user experience in the operator environments.